AMAZON FIRE TV STICK 4K MAX (2022) - BEST OPTION CURRENTLY
The new Fire TV Stick Max from Amazon is the company’s most expensive and powerful streaming stick to date. The new Max, which costs $55 and replaces the $40 4K Stick, has a faster processor, Wi-Fi 6 support, and nearly all of the latest playback standards, including 4K, HDR10, and Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos for audio.
While keeping up with WiFi 5, it adds WiFi 6, the newest and fastest WiFi standard, which is an improvement over the Fire TV Stick 4K. Additionally, this device supports Live view Picture-in-Picture, allowing you to watch your favorite TV shows on the TV while simultaneously viewing the live feed from your smart security camera. Additionally, it has a processor with a quad-core CPU running at 1.8 GHz and a GPU running at 750 MHz. WiFi 6 offers improved power management, faster wireless speeds (up to 9.6 Gbps), and less latency by handling heavy network traffic more effectively. However, to fully benefit from this, you’ll also need a WiFi 6 router that is compatible.
The Fire TV Stick 4K Max is also the best option if you’re a serious gamer. This stick is compatible with HDMI 2.1, which is designed to support frantic gaming. Among other features, this standard supports higher refresh rates up to 120 FPS, dynamic HDR, and variable refresh rate (VVR), which lessens lag and stutter. It also supports faster bandwidth up to 48 Gbps. The Fire TV Stick Max, therefore, appears to be the better option, regardless of whether you want to stream 4K UHD content quickly over a fast wireless WiFi network or are a serious gamer. It is far superior to everything else at $54.99.
For those torn between the Max and Google’s $50 Chromecast with Google TV or Roku’s upcoming $50 Streaming Stick 4K, the Max is the clear winner.
FIRE TV STICK 4K (2020)
The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is the revamped version of its earlier model that was initially launched. The Fire TV Stick 4K is a thumb-drive sized streaming device that provides a relatively inexpensive upgrade to 4K. The Fire TV Stick 4K is Amazon’s third attempt at 4KHDR, so it offers much better graphics than its predecessors.
The Fire TV Stick 4K is the best option if you’re looking for a Fire stick that supports Dolby Vision and 4K Ultra HD. The Fire TV Stick’s remote, storage capacity, and quad-core processor are all shared by this streaming stick. However, it has a little bit more memory than the 1.5GB RAM Fire TV Stick/Lite. That entails an extra 500MB of RAM. If you own a 4K UHD TV and subscribe to streaming services like Netflix and Disney+ that have good collections of 4K HDR content, I believe the Fire TV Stick 4K is well worth the extra $10.
AMAZON FIRE TV STICK (2020)
The latest version of the original Fire TV Stick has upgraded hardware. Performance has been improved over the previous generation by as much as 50 percent thanks to new hardware including a quad-core processor, while it also now includes support for Dolby Atmos audio like the 4K stick, alongside 5.1 and 7.1 Dolby surround audio output and HDMI audio pass-through.
Like the 4K Stick, a full Alexa Voice Remote is included with power and volume controls, so you can control audio gear like a soundbar. However, unlike the 4K Stick, it will still only support Full HD 1080p resolution rather than 4K.
AMAZON FIRE TV STICK LITE (2020)
Amazon’s entry-level streaming stick is new but sits underneath the main Fire TV Stick. Like the standard Fire TV Stick, it supports Full HD and has improved performance over the older 2019 version of the standard stick thanks to better hardware. However, there is no Dolby Atmos support.
It has the same design as the original from 2020, but it includes a new Alexa Voice Remote Lite that allows you to switch between apps using voice commands. Shortcuts for Prime Video, Netflix, Amazon Music, and Apps have recently been added on the remote control but it still lacks power and volume controls.
FIRE TV CUBE 2
The Fire TV Stick 4K Max and Fire TV Cube, which retail for $55 and $120, respectively, are at the top of the Fire TV lineup. These are Amazon’s two most capable Fire TV devices on the market, and as such, they share many similarities. When it comes to video streaming, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max and Fire TV Cube provide identical results. Both products are 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR/HDR10+, and Dolby Vision compatible. Both streamers also include Dolby Atmos, which provides a 3D audio experience when used with compatible speakers.
The main differences are:
- The new chipset that is slightly more powerful
- More RAM, going up to 2GB from 1.5GB
- AV1 decoding – This could be quite important
- Upgrade to WiFi 6
Will WiFi 6 make a difference?
Yes, no, perhaps. To begin with, a WiFi 6 router or mesh network is required to get the most out of it. WiFi 6 does significantly increase your WiFi speeds and will make it simpler to access the fastest possible Internet speed possible for your connection. However, the majority of streaming services employ effective compression, which makes it simple to stream 4K media. As an illustration, Netflix currently recommends only 25Mbps for 4K.
A 4K HDR file may stream between 50 Mbps and 80 Mbps if you use an app like Plex to watch movies locally. These would be enormous files that the majority of regular people are unlikely to download. WiFi 5 is quite capable of handling anything you might stream because it can easily reach speeds of over 400Mbps for local file transfers. If the Fire TV stick is far from the router and you have a weak signal, WiFi 6 might be helpful.
ALL NEW FIRE TV CUBE 3
The Ultimate Streaming Experience
Amazon’s fastest ever streaming media player is 2X as powerful as the Fire TV Stick 4K Max. With a new octa-core 2.0 GHz processor at the center, you can launch and navigate apps quickly. The Fire TV Cube also features Wi-Fi 6E support for smooth streaming and additional ports so you can connect and control other entertainment devices with just your voice.
NVIDIA SHIELD TV PRO
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | 4K HDR Streaming Media Player, High Performance, Dolby Vision, 3GB RAM, 2X USB, Works with Alexa.
- The best of the best. Up to 25% faster than the previous generation thanks to the new NVIDIA Tegra x1+ chip. Enhance HD video in real-time to 4K for clearer, crisper visuals using next-generation AI upscaling. 2x USB 3. 0 ports for storage expansion, USB cameras, keyboards, controllers, and more. Plex media server built-in, SmartThings hub-ready, AAA Android gaming, twitch broadcasting, 3GB RAM, and 16GB storage
- Dolby Vision – Atmos. Bring your home theater to life with Dolby Vision HDR, and surround sound with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus—delivering ultra-vivid picture quality and immersive audio.
- Best-In-Class Design. Designed for the most demanding users and beautifully designed to be the perfect centerpiece of your entertainment center, SHIELD TV Pro levels you up to more storage space, the expandability of 2x USB 3. 0 ports, Plex Media Server, and premium Android gaming. Get the best connectivity with Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band AC Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5. 0. The all-new remote is more advanced than ever with motion-activated, backlit buttons—including a customizable menu button. Plus, with voice control, Bluetooth, IR control for your TV, and a built-in remote control locator, you have the most advanced remote yet.
- Unlimited entertainment. Enjoy the most 4K HDR content of any streaming media Player, and access to thousands of apps and games, including top apps like Netflix, YouTube, Prime video and Hulu. Listen from the most comprehensive collection of music services, including music and Spotify. Add a game controller (sold separately) and play today’s most popular games like Fortnite. Even stream from your phone with built-in Chromecast 4K
- Voice control. The built-in Google Assistant is at your command. See photos, live camera feeds, weather, sports scores, and more on the big screen. Dim the lights and immerse yourself in your favorite show or music using only your voice. And control your shield hands-free with Google Home or Alexa and echo
XIAOMI MI BOX S 4K
Mi Box S Xiaomi Original – 4K Ultra HD Android TV with Google Voice Assistant & Direct Netflix Remote Streaming Media Player US Plug
- Mi Box S is powered by Android 8.1, easy to use and supports Google Assistant and Chromecast as well as delivering a world of content the whole family can enjoy
- Compatible with thousands of apps, giving you access to tons of premium video services and a constant stream of fresh new content
- Output Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160), CPU: Cortex-A53 Quad-core 64bit, GPU: Mali-450, RAM: 2GB DDR3, Storage: 8GB eMMC, Operating System: Android 8.1
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth: 4.1, HDMI2.0a: 1, USB2.0: 1, Power Interface: 1, Audio Out: 1, Support Language: Global
- Video decoder: 4K@60fps，VP9， H.264，MPEG1/2/4，VC-1，Real8/9/10, Video Format: RM，MOV，VOB，AVI，MKV，TS，Mp4，3D, Audio decoder: DOLBY, DTS, Audio Format: MP3，APE，Flac, Image decoder: JPG，BMP，GIF，PNG，TIF. International Model, Works worldwide, Does not have a USA warranty.